Wednesday 13 September 2017

22yo

When I started using Tinder I was travelling to a particular city most weeks, and the first girl I connected with there was a 22 year old. There wasn’t much on her profile, just her age, her name, and a cute photo.

She was young, but I wasn’t surprised. I was seeing a few general age ranges on Tinder:

  • Younger girls, who weren’t necessarily looking for something serious yet, and who, I hoped, would be open to a F-W-B, D-T-F kind of thing. The kind of young, impressionable girls who mistake sex with an older stranger for life experiences.
  • Girls ranging from their mid-20s to their 30s, who were looking for a relationship. They were done with the whole N-S-A sex thing, it was time to settle down and start pumping out babies.
  • Older women who were
    • Still not married, and desperate to find “the one”
    • In an open relationship
    • Married, and willing to cheat
As you’ll notice, only a few of those categories apply to having an affair with me. So I was willing to swipe right on younger single girls, in the hopes that they fell into the first category, which is what led me to swipe right on 22yo’s profile.

I talked back and forth with her on the app for… oh… weeks. Months, probably. At first, it seemed like we were on the verge of meeting. As time went on, and that continued to not happen, I gave up hope of anything actually happening with her, but we continued to message from time to time, just to exchange jokes and pass the time of day. I did continually suggest that we meet, but very quickly it went from actual suggestions to just being playful, because I knew it wasn't going to happen.

It ended the day after things had ended with Amber. I was walking back to the hotel after work, and decided to message 22yo to mention that I wasn’t going to suggest we meet that night because I just wanted to go get drunk. I happened to catch her when she was actually online, we messaged back and forth a bit more, and she suggested that maybe what I should do is become a sugar daddy. I indicated that that definitely wasn’t what I was looking for, and not too long after that, she unmatched me.

Am I saying that she unmatched me because she was looking for a sugar daddy, and finally decided that I wasn’t it? No.

But it’s probable.

No comments:

Post a Comment